Thursday, October 23, 2008

A three-year-old never forgets

Today we had to run a quick errand after returning home from school.  Since I had to pay for a half-hour of parking, I figured we could also run into the small grocery store and grab some yogurt for tomorrow's breakfast.

We quickly chose our yogurt and saw that there were two lines open - a regular one about three people deep with full baskets, and a quick check out.  I headed for the quick check out with my one item and Ben immediately got upset and started insisting on being in the other line.

I started to give in to avoid the tantrum, but the  regular line was so slow, and the quick line emptied out, so I went back to the quick line despite Ben's protests.

Then  it finally occurred to me (I must be having a slow day!) - a few weeks ago Ben got a cookie at the regular check out, and he recognized the lady working there and was hoping for another cookie today!

Once again, I am just amazed at how much a 3-year-old notices and remembers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is why Benny and I are so much alike. I try not to remember some things but I definitely would remember the lady if she gave me a cookie. I would have wanted in the other line also.
Love Grandpa

stories of our life and adventures near London, England