Monday, January 5, 2009

Snow day

Today we were surprised to wake up to some snow!  It was really just a dusting, but enough to at least make some footprints in!  The kids were happy to see it, but not as excited as they might be for a few inches...

Tomorrow is back to school, so today was the last day of Christmas holidays.  We didn't have anything special planned as Brad had to head back to work, but we ended up going to Susanna's best friend's house for much of the day.  The kids had a great time together both inside and out, and even managed to make a tiny snowman with a carrot-stick nose.  

We also went for a walk on some of the walking paths around our houses.  To get to her friend's house, we go out our front door and onto a path, cross one street, go down another path and then its just a few houses away.  If we go the other direction on the path, we end up in the woods, and also near some farms complete with horses.  I'm pretty sure we could walk for miles and miles on these paths and perhaps even find a pub or two along the way, but with our two kids, we're lucky to go a few metres.

Now its nearly time for tea, then showers and bed, then up for school in the morning!  I'm sure I'll be up late tonight running around the house gathering the various bits of school uniform, P.E. kit, and school bag!

Only six more weeks until the next school holiday...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susanna,
I have to go back to school tomoroww, too. I hope you have a fun time at school.
From,
Katie

Tami said...

The boys are back in school too. They were not happy to go back, but are glad to see their friends.

Anonymous said...

Susanna,
We only had snow one time. I played in it with Mom before I went to kindergarten. When I got home it was all melted.
Love,
Allison

Tami said...

Ann, I have something for you on my blog.

stories of our life and adventures near London, England